Friday, November 28, 2008

The Inspiration for our Work

When our little ones start elementary school, our first thoughts do not usually include wondering whether they are being prepared for college or the workforce.

But as we keep the small important details of our children's daily lives under control...we need to step back and look at the big picture. What can we do now to prepare for their future?

Take a look at: "A Vision of Students Today":




As we begin to dive in to what 21st century teaching looks like, our kids are discovering new ways to communicate and learn daily. I hope this blog will be a place where you feel free to add your thoughts, comments and questions.

3 comments:

rdrunner said...

Hello.
I found your blog through a mutual Twitter connection - and glad I did!
I'm a Master's student very interested in parent engagement, especially enabled by technology. You can find my work at http://parent20.wikispaces.com and http://parent20.tech4learning.ca.

Right now I'm preparing for tonight's Parents as Partners webcast with Lorna Costantini and Matt Montagne. Find it the first and third Monday of the month at http://edtechtalk.com/live and join the conversation.

Anonymous said...

Hi Melanie,
Thanks for the Coffee Talk session on tech at Chets Creek you led the other morning. I appreciated learning more about the emphasis on making smart use of technology in the classroom for students and teachers. I welcome opportunities to support my child's participation in collaborate tools to support his learning.
Darrin (Chets Creen parent)

Melanie Holtsman said...

Thanks Darrin,
I'm glad you were able to attend and hope you'll let me know what interests you for future topics.